Small weddings | Midweek Offer
- Wedding Photography in York
- Max 30 guests
- Weekday only
- Up to 2.5 hours of photography
- Includes digital images, watermark free, in an online gallery with download link
Are you thinking about having a small wedding, or elopement in York?
I love to attend small weddings. I won’t bulldoze in and make your small family celebration feel like a show. I’ll chat with your dad, and laugh with your kids.
I get to know everyone there, and I develop an understanding of their relationship with you. But I’m not a clown who wants to be the life and soul of the party. I’m quiet and unassuming, I’ll blend in and listen.
After your wedding, I’ll send your photographs and you’ll see special intimate moments with the ones you love. Genuine laughs and unsuppressed smiles. Beautiful family portraits, and an everlasting picture story of your special celebration.
Without anyone being made to feel self-conscious or awkward.
I’m Emma. I’m down to earth, easy-going and I have over ten years of wedding photography experience. I understand why you want a small wedding, and I promise I won’t spoil it.
I’ll happily be a witness too if you are eloping as just the two of you.
(I can also arrange a second witness for an extra £30 if required)
More information about Emma and the service
I’m an experienced and professional 35-year-old female wedding photographer from York.
My style of photography is natural and candid.
I focus on getting to know the people and capturing their real character rather than putting them on the spot to pose.
I will take formal group photos (if required) but I always make these fun and pain-free!
I also photograph the wedding guests. I’m a strong believer that people bring the love to a wedding, so I make sure guests are included in the photos!
If you want to learn a little more about me, please visit my “about me” page where you can learn where the Happy Otter name comes from.
“We were so impressed with the quality of the photos Emma produced. They’re amazing and captured our unique day perfectly. She’s also a lovely person who made me, my wife and all our guests very comfortable. “
“Absolutely amazing photos. Thank you so much for capturing our day. Emma was exactly what we wanted! Captured some beautiful natural moments couldn’t have asked for more.”
What happens on the day
- I will arrive with your guests – this is normally about 30 minutes before the ceremony.
- I’ll photograph them as they greet one another and mingle.
- (If you are already on-site, I’ll come and photograph you too.)
- I’ll photograph your arrival and entrance to the ceremony, followed by the ceremony.
- During the ceremony, I am very discrete. I photograph the key moments and stand back so I don’t distract you for the rest of the time.
- After the ceremony, I’ll photograph the happy moments as all your guests congratulate you.
- At this point, I’ll photograph some group and formal photos. We’ll have agreed on a list before-hand, so I won’t need to ask you anything. We can do these photos anywhere you like, I’m happy to travel about the city if required.
- I’ll then go with you and your guests to your reception venue (if separate) and continue photographing natural and candid moments.
- I’ll photograph details of your reception – such as a cake, favours, place names and table settings (if required and special to you).
- If you are having speeches before your meal, I can photograph these too.
- I will usually leave before you start to eat.
*What events of the day I photograph will depend upon your specific timings.
What you will receive
- Before your wedding, we will chat on the phone, zoom (or similar) or by email so I can get to know you a bit. During this call, I’ll build up an understanding of how you want your day to feel, and which people and what moments are the most important to you.
- I’ll create a shoot list which will include all the essential group photos required – you will check over it and make any changes you like. This is the list of arrangements for group photos, but can also include specific details such as a special piece of jewellery etc.
- After the wedding, I will send you a link to an online gallery. You can share this link with anyone you wish.
- The gallery can be password protected if you like, and you will also receive a download pin.
- Only people you give the download pin to can download the photos. People without the pin can still view the photos.
- From the gallery, you will also have the option to order prints if you wish.
- The downloadable photos are high resolution and free of any watermarks.
- The online gallery will be available for 6 months.
A couple of resources for you if you are planning a small wedding in York (links will open in a new window):
Limited offer only available for weddings taking place on weekdays
Contact Emma now
Please fill in the contact form below to ask any questions, or start the booking process.
After you have all the information you need, if you wish to book, you will complete a booking form and transfer a £50 deposit to secure the date. The remaining balance of £370 will be due on or by the wedding day.